Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I had one foot out the kitchen door when...

...I looked down and saw that God/the Universe still has a sense of humor...
Before coffee, even!

Here's what I saw:

...There, to the left of my kitchen door,
in a brick CORNER was the prettiest,
medium-sized Box Turtle with orange spots on her head.
She's the cutest I've seen this year and let me tell you,
I've seen plenty!  Can you say SWAMP and
FLOOD ZONE and RAINY DAY and FOREST in FRONT
and in BACK of my house?  I need road signs that say:

"SLOW DOWN---TURTLE CROSSING!"
"SLOW DOWN---RACCOON CROSSING!"
"SLOW DOWN---POSSUM CROSSING!"
"SLOW DOWN---ARMADILLO CROSSING!"
"SLOW DOWN---SNAKE CROSSING!"
"SLOW DOWN---OTTER CROSSING!"
Yes, I've seen all that and so much more...
     Alligators one block away this Spring when it flooded...

Signs would be super fine if my road actually
had any traffic, which, thank God, it does not
except for the 4 families who live on
this hidden, out-of-the-way Boulevard in the woods.

Ms. Turtle apparently had a load of shit on her mind,
took a walk out of the woods, crossed the street and
walked straight as an arrow up my driveway, onto
the carport and then literally hit the wall/corner
and was trying as hard as she could to just keep on trucking.

Her back legs were walking, but she was going nowhere fast in that
boxed-in, head-in-shell corner situation she'd walked right into.
What a perfect metaphor for how I've been feeling!!!  S-T-U-C-K!

     Oh, Ms. Turtle, I feel your pain!

So I put some water in a shallow container,
picked up Ms. Turtle and sat her in the water on the lawn.
She splashed around some, took a drink, then hit the grass,
Turtle-scootin' back to her home and family.

And that's just how God takes care of me...the
way he cared for that lost, confused Turtle,
stuck in a bricked-in corner.  He lifts me up, gently...

Hope.  In a Turtle suit.
I like that.

6/29/16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: