Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Monday, July 4, 2016

Dear Blank Page:

I sit in my comfortable chair with the gauzy curtains
on my picture window drawn wide open.  The sun has only just
slipped beneath the horizon and
I can no longer see the Pines
that peek into my house all day, every day
when the fireworks begin
in my neighborhood...

BOOMS mean I run to see the fast fading colors
of big bucks exploding into green, red and purple
sparks turning to dry, gray ash.
The pop-pop-pop of firecrackers
fill the expansive spaces
between the expensive BOOMS!

I see sparklers, like giant fireflies
moving in small circles made by
excited little hands getting their
first taste of Independence Day celebrations!

9:00 p.m., the city fireworks begin and
even though they're miles away, I can hear
the echoes of the BIG fireworks show
over the mighty Red River.  I close my eyes
and experience the dozens of celebrations we
went to when our kids were home.  We lived
close enough to walk to the River carrying
our lawn chairs & cold cokes with us.

I say a prayer for our men and women
in uniform, working & fighting to protect
our freedoms.  God bless you all and
keep you safe... and a special prayer
for those precious people here in the USA
and around the world experiencing
senseless terror, harm and brutal deaths...

May God give His Peace, Love, Comfort, Grace
and tender Mercy
to all of you in need.

Goodnight, dear diary,
~Marion

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There's a flame of magic inside every stone & every flower, every bird that sings & every frog that croaks. There's magic in the trees & the hills & the river & the rocks, in the sea & the stars & the wind, a deep, wild magic that's as old as the world itself. It's in you too, my darling girl, and in me, and in every living creature, be it ever so small. Even the dirt I'm sweeping up now is stardust. In fact, all of us are made from the stuff of stars.”   ― Kate ForsythThe Puzzle Ring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: