Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Monday, August 15, 2016

Dear Rain:

Rain, rain, go away;
come again some other day.
Perhaps on a dry day.

My precious state is, yet again,
suffering the pangs of
inclement, harsh, brutal,
extreme weather.
Floods, flash floods.
Water came into my house,
but only the back half,
thank goodness...

One minute it was dry and
the next, my feet were in
a puddle as I sat in my recliner.
I moved fast...picking up books
on the floor, rolling up my one good
rug and throwing down towels.
It was a mess, but only for 24 hours.
We sopped and mopped and
things were dry by morning.

Not so south of us.  One-third of
the state is devastated, under water
from flooding rain that parked and
stayed over the Baton Rouge area.

It's still raining now, only gently.
Thundering enough to rattle
my old windows, too...

Pray for the people whose homes and
businesses are flooded.  I can't imagine
the loss, pain, suffering & work ahead of them...

xo,
Marion

8/14/16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: