Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Dear Thanksgiving:

Gratitude is a wonderful thing,
no matter the day or month.

Even though we're 'home alone' this year
eating chili & hot dogs, I am grateful.

I'm grateful to be alive---
so many family members & friends are not;

I am grateful for God's love, mercy & forgiveness;

I'm grateful for my precious loved ones &
that they're healthy & thriving;

I'm grateful for our new rescued
doggie, Sadie, even though she has heart worms
---I'm grateful to have
the money to give her life;

I'm grateful for books & poetry & literature
because, still, today, they keep me alive & curious;

I'm grateful to own a home & land where I can
grow my trees & gardens of herbs, flowers & vegetables
that bring me so much joy;

I am grateful for the freedoms we have in America
& for the leaders who will help protect those freedoms;

I am grateful for the friends who have stood by me
over the years through many storms & trials.

May every day be Thanksgiving,
filled with gratitude, kindness & love.

11/24/16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: