Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Friday, December 16, 2016

Dear Poets:

Keep your words simple
like tree, sky or bird.

If I have to use a dictionary,
you're trying too hard...
and you lose me---
and it makes me sad

and I long for the days
when you sat in a wooden
chair at a wooden table
by an open window,
yellow pencil in hand
scribbling on a sheet of
white notebook paper,
a naked light bulb dangling
from a black wire.

I see your profile,
your eager face as you
write those simple words
describing the beauty
that flowed from your
mind to your fingers
and onto the page.

Those words were life,
bread & wine to me:
soul sustenance.
Come back to
who you were
before...

12/16/16

1 comment:

  1. I follow several poets who fall into this category .. needing a dictionary from time to time! Nicely penned, Marion.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: