Manga Popart Butterfly

Manga Popart Butterfly

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Dear Sunshine: How I love You!!


Look how the hardy Zinnia loves the warm sunlight, reaching longingly, lovingly toward it's life-giving rays!  The ten cent pack of seeds transmogrified into a rainbow of colors, feeding the bees & Hummingbirds & my starving soul...for months on end.  This is youth...so vibrant, vivid, colorful, alive...seemingly endless---ENDLESS!!! But, but... the clock is ever ticking on the Zinnia & on you & me...tick-tock...tick-tock...tick.............


...and one fine morning you awake & wander to the Zinnias & sigh with deep sadness because they're desiccated, dry & dying (like me! like you!) & then...dead.  

Does nature mirror life or does life mirror nature?  Everything in nature lives again, seeds dropping wildly, carelessly, like dust to the wind...

I plant trees, herbs, vegetables & flowers obsessively...knowing each new tree will outlive me, but we're plugged into the life force that is endlessly whispering into our ears:  live...

4/8/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the beep: B E E P: